Many of our members of staff are regulated by the General Dental Council. All GDC registrants are expected to adhere to the following nine principles:
- Put patients’ interests first.
- Communicate effectively with patients.
- Obtain valid consent.
- Maintain and protect patients’ information.
- Have a clear and effective complaints procedure.
- Work with colleagues in a way that is in the patients’ best interests.
- Maintain, develop and work on their professional knowledge and skills.
- Raise concerns if patients are at risk.
- Make sure their personal behaviour maintains patients’ confidence in them and the dental profession.
Guide to Information available through the Model Publication Scheme 2015
The Dental Practice has adopted the Model Publication Scheme 2015 produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner.